Features and Benefits
- The only validated test tool for assessing a bed system’s conformance to the FDA guidance document.
- The only device specifically designed to test the four critical entrapment zones of a bed system.
- Allows a two-person team to test a complete bed system within 15 minutes.
- Easy to read Pass/Fail indicators located on the device.
- Safety strap designed to prevent the device from falling to the floor during testing.
- Includes preformatted testing sheets to quickly and easily record test results.
- Includes carrying case for easy transport and storage.
- Includes instructional DVD for training on the use of the device.
Cone and Cylinder Tool
The Cone and Cylinder Tool are used together for testing Zone 4 or easily detach to allow use of the Cone only for testing Zones 1-3..
- The diameter of the large end of the cone is the width of a small adult head or 120 mm (4.725 inches).
- The diameter of the cylinder is the size of a small adult neck or 60 mm (2.362 inches).
- The cone and cylinder together is the weight of a small adult head and neck or 15 lbs.
- Easy to read red and green zones on the cylinder section determining pass or fail.
- Easy to read lines on the cone to measure mattress compression.
- A safety strap to prevent the device from falling to the floor.
- Attachment ring for spring scale..
The scale is used to apply 12 lbs. of force to the cone for testing Zones 1 and 2.
- Large, easy-to-read display.
- A hook used to connect the scale to the Cone Tool.